Christmas Defensemen Camp – 2022
December 22 and 23, 2022, at BURNABY WINTER CLUB
Playing defence on a team is a very specialized position with particular skills that coaches seldom have time to work on. Likewise, being a defenseman is one of the most challenging and demanding positions to master.
You will work specific defenseman drills at this camp to improve your skating, puck handling, passing, shooting, and defending skills.
You don’t have to be a defenseman to attend this camp; forwards that want to improve their defensive skills will also benefit. In addition, our classroom will cover some on-ice skills and drills and lessons on mental training and character building.
Attending this camp will bring out your passion and desire to be an effective top defenseman.
Two Groups: A – U11 & U13, B – U15 & U18
DATE & SCHEDULES
December 22 and 23 at BURNABY WINTER CLUB
Group A: U11 & U13 Group B: U15 & U18
9:00 am – 10:00 am – Ice 11:30 am – 12:30 pm Ice
10:15 am – 11:15 am – Ice 12:45 pm – 1:45 pm Ice
Zoom sessions (both groups): December 21 – 5:00 pm to 5:45 pm
(on your home computer) December 22 – 3:00 pm to 3:45 pm
Players are sub-grouped into age & skill level.
$225. Extra Early Bird Special, Before November 14, 2022
$250. Before December 1, 2022
$275.00 after December 1, 2022
(call for multiple camp rates)
GOALIES WELCOME TO ATTEND AT DISCOUNTED RATE: full camp fee: $125.
GROUP DISCOUNT RATE: Organize a group of 5 players or more (teammates, friends, siblings, etc.) and receive a $50.00 discount.
- Contact people that are not yet registered and send them this link: www.coachenio.com
- Assign a parent as the primary contact who can communicate with us.
- Give your group a name (Smith Group).
- Please email us a list of players with their emails under the group name (you need 5 to start and add).
- We will send your parent contact a PROMO CODE.
- The families then register using the PROMO CODE.
7 to 1 PLAYER TO COACH RATIO – PERSONALIZED INSTRUCTION AND FEEDBACK FROM OUR PROFESSIONAL COACHES!
Classes are limited to 18 skaters and 2 Goalies. Again, small classes, so you get lots of reps and lots of attention from our coaching staff!
WE ARE A LEARNING & TEACHING CAMP; OUR GOAL IS TO MAKE YOU A BETTER PLAYER!
HEAD COACH OF CAMP: Enio Sacilotto, 40 years of coaching experience. Coached Elite Men’s pro levels in England, Italy, Denmark, Switzerland, Austria (EBEL) and various National Teams. Former Assistant Coach, Victoria Royals, WHL. Currently coaching Academy Hockey & the Croatian National Senior Men’s team. Check the website for credentials.
Coach Enio will conduct the camp along with his highly qualified coaches, who will assist him.
- Defensemen Skating
- You will learn advanced backward skating
- You will learn Pivots – forward to backward, backward to forward
- You will learn Agility and foot speed
- Defensemen Puckhandling and Passing
- You will learn Backward and forward Puckhandling
- You will learn Puck Retrieval for a breakout.
- You will learn to make the first pass for break out
- Defensemen Shooting
- You will learn the Slap Shot
- Shooting from the point
- You will learn how to take one timer Slap shots
- Defensive Play for the Defensemen
- Defending the one-on-one: a) in the corners and b) on the rush
- Game clips illustrating various defensemen skills
- Learn Mental Training techniques; including Goal setting & more
Leave a Comment